July, September, October, January, March and May
What you will study
The Master of Data Science is comprised of 12 online courses – nine compulsory and three electives. There is also the option to study the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in Data Science, which combined – and with the addition of the electives and capstone course – create the masters program.
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Inference
- Database Systems
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Regression Analysis
- Strategic Decision Making
- Capstone Data Science Project
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
Plus, three electives from the following courses (one of which must be from the * courses)
- Big Data Management*
- Data Visualisation and Communication*
- Multivariate Analysis*
- Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- Bayesian Inference and Computation
- Decision Making for Analytics
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Master of Data Science you must have:
- Completed the Graduate Diploma in Data Science with a WAM of 65 or higher OR
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Data Science or cognate discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by an average mark of 70 or above across three Level III courses in Mathematics and/or Statistics and/or Computer Science and/or Econometrics.
Advanced standing or exemption can be granted in the program for cases where core courses were completed in a prior program.
Alternative Entry Pathway
Earn a 65% average mark and above in the Graduate Diploma in Data Science (Online) 5646.