January, March, May, July, Sept and October
What you will study
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security comprises four online foundation courses. Completing these courses will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to security engineering principles, and practices to the design, operation, and assurance of secure systems in this fast-growing industry.
To find out more about each course download the program guide
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Data Security and Privacy
- Cyber Security Ethics
- Principles of Security Engineering
The UNSW Online experience
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security program has been designed with the working professional in mind and offers you an online learning environment where you can study each course in eight-week blocks. This means you can graduate in only eight months part-time so you can leverage the employer demand sooner.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be of the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security you must have:
- Have completed a recognised bachelors degree (or equivalent) with a WAM of 65 as determined by the UNSW Postgraduate Coursework Entry Score Calculator. OR
- Sufficient professional analytical background as indicated by at least two years’ experience in an analytical role.