Please select a field which you have completed your bachelor.
As little as 16 months
July, September, October, January, March and May
Completion time dependent on individual study path, RPL, leave and course availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Diploma in Data Science program is comprised of five courses, plus the choice of three electives.
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Inference for Data Scientists
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Regression Analysis for Data Scientists
- One of: Strategic Decision Making or Database Systems
Plus, choose two electives from the following courses provided pre-requisites are met and courses are available:
- Big Data Management
- Data Visualisation and Communication
- Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists
- Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- Bayesian Inference and Computation
- Decision Making in Analytics
- Data and Ethics
- Strategic Decision Making (if not chosen as core course)
- Database Systems (if not chosen as core course)
- Principles of Programming is a prerequisite for Data Mining & Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Deep Learning & Big Data Management.
- Foundations of Data Science is a prerequisite for Regression Analysis for Data Scientists, Data Visualisation and Communication & Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists.
- Statistical Inference for Data Scientists is a prerequisite for Regression Analysis for Data Scientists & Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma in Data Science you must have:
- Completed the Graduate Certificate in Data Science with a WAM of 65 or higher OR
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Data Science or cognate discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by an average of 65 or above across three Level III courses in Mathematics and/or Statistics and/or Computer Science and/or Econometrics. OR
- Completed a degree in a non-cognate discipline AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by at least five years of experience in a data science or data analytics role.
Advanced standing or exemption can be granted in the program for cases where core courses were completed in a prior program.