16 months to complete
July, September, October, January, March and May
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Diploma in Data Science program is comprised of seven courses, plus the choice of one elective.
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Inference
- Database Systems
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Regression Analysis
- Strategic Decision Making
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
- Big Data Management
- Data Visualisation and Communication
- Multivariate Analysis
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma in Data Science you must have:
- a Bachelor (pass) degree in a cognate discipline (computer science, mathematics or similar) or equivalent or a Bachelor (Honours) degree in any discipline or equivalent.
- completed at least three level 3 and above courses in Mathematics and Statistics.
- The standard entry cut-off is 65% equivalent as per the UNSW PG coursework entry score calculator.
Alternative Entry Pathway
Earn a 70% average mark and above in Graduate Certificate in Data Science (Online) 7446.
Applicants with a degree from a non-cognate area (with an average mark of 65% or greater) who have at least five years experience in a data science or data analytics role may also be considered for entry to the program.