Please select a field which you have completed your bachelor.
As little as 8 months
September, October, January, March, May and July
Completion time dependent on individual study path, RPL, leave and course availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology covers the foundational skills of FinTech, providing graduates with a comprehensive understanding of technological advancement implications on the current and future states of the ﬁnancial services industry. Completing these courses will give you a strong foundation and advanced knowledge in financial technology that are in high demand.
- Any 3 core courses (from List A),
plus 1 available elective course (from List B)
- Or, any 4 courses (from List A)
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech and Financial Risk Management
- Technical Tools for FinTech^
- Problem-solving Methods for FinTech^*
- Data Management for FinTech^*
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^*
^Courses requiring programming (Python) knowledge. *Pre-requisite: Technical Tools for FinTech.
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Big Data Management
- Foundations of Data Science
Available elective courses will vary per program and study period.
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed with the busy working professional in mind and offers you a learning environment where you can learn each course in seven-week blocks. This means you can graduate with your certificate in only eight months, and allow you to leverage the employer demand sooner.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be of the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on hand for all non- academic queries by phone or email.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology you must have:
- A recognised bachelor degree (in any discipline) OR
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to banking, finance or technology.
Articulation pathways exist to the Graduate Diploma and Masters program if the student completes this program with a minimum WAM of 65.
Entry via nested qualification
Generally, if you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology with a WAM of 65 or above, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma and/or Masters by coursework degree.