September, October, January, March, May and July
What you will study
UNSW’s 100% online Master of Financial Technology will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency between Finance and Technology, and equip you with the applied technical skills to remain relevant and competitive in today’s dynamic and technology driven landscape.
The program will deliver technical financial technology skills across a range of courses to provide you with the confidence to lead and innovate teams, start-ups and businesses. Graduates will also gain an understanding of relevant financial technologies, frameworks and what it means to be an ethical professional in a disruptive and innovative industry, and establish a competitive career advantage within this lucrative and evolving industry.
You must complete at least 9 of the 10 core courses.
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Technical Tools for FinTech
- Problem-Solving Methods for FinTech
- Data Management for FinTech
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech and Financial Risk Management
The UNSW Online experience
The Master of Financial Technology program has been designed with the busy working professional in mind and offers you a learning environment where you can learn each course in seven-week blocks. This means you can graduate in only two years so you can leverage the employer demand sooner.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be of the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on hand for all non- academic queries by phone or email.
You must complete at least 1 of the 2 capstone courses.
- Managing a FinTech Startup
- Applied FinTech Project
You may choose to complete up to 2 of the elective courses.
- Principles of Programming
- Introductory Data Analysis
- Data and Ethics
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Foundations of Data Science
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Master of Financial Technology you must have:
- A recognised bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) with WAM of 65 or above as determined by the UNSW Admissions entry calculator in any of the following areas: business, commerce, information systems & technology management, information technology, computer engineering and software engineering.
Entry via nested qualification
Generally, if you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology with a WAM of 65 or above, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma and/or Masters by coursework degree.