Please select a field which you have completed your bachelor.
As little as 8 months
January, March, May, July, September, October
Completion time dependent on individual study path, RPL, leave and course availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
What you will study
UNSW’s online Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance provides students with the foundations to solve financial problems at the corporate level, manage the business and financial functions of firms in several countries, and understand modern investments to prepare for market challenges.
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance offers three core courses and one elective, allowing fundamental finance skills to complement choice and student direction. Select from key areas including analytics and financial technology – whatever your interests, this program delivers access to the latest thinking and current research in finance.
- International Finance*
- Corporate Finance*
To help you graduate from one of the world’s leading universities, we’re here to support you every step of the way. The design of our online learning environment seamlessly fits into your busy lifestyle. You’ll have access to course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world, so you can have confidence in knowing that your online learning experience will have the same high standard as the on-campus experience.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help you with all non-academic queries by phone or email.
- Private Equity and Venture Capital*
- Equity Valuation*
- Fixed Income*
- Ethics and Professional Standards*
- Financial Management*
- FinTech Ecosystems and Industry Insights
- Principles of Programming
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Economics*
- Law Regulation and Ethics
- Technical Tools for FinTech
- Decentralised Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- Data Management for FinTech^
- Robo Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^
- Introductory Data Analysis*
Available elective courses will vary per program and study period. *Course designed in line with the CFA examination curriculum. The CFA-aligned Master of Applied Finance pathway provides students with a strong grounding to pursue the CFA designation. ^Prerequisite: Technical Tools for Fintech.
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance, you must have:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in any discipline, OR
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to business, banking or finance.