8 months to complete
July, September, October, January, March and May
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Certificate in Data Science program is comprised of four online courses.
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Inference for Data Scientists
Principles of Programming is a prerequisite for Data Mining & Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Deep Learning & Big Data Management.
Foundations of Data Science is a prerequisite for Regression Analysis for Data Scientists, Data Visualisation and Communication & Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists.
Statistical Inference for Data Scientists is a prerequisite for Regression Analysis for Data Scientists & Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists.
Plus, choose one electives from the following courses:
- Strategic Decision Making
- Database Systems
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Data Science you must have:
- Completed at a minimum an undergraduate degree in Data Science or cognate discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics). OR
- Completed an undergraduate degree in a non-cognate discipline AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by an average of 65 or above across three Level III courses in Mathematics and/or Statistics and/or Computer Science and/or Econometrics. OR
- Completed a degree in a non-cognate discipline AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by at least two years of experience in a data science or data analytics role.
Prefer less statistics, machine learning and programming? Perhaps the Graduate Certificate in Analytics is for you.
If you're more interested in the financial applications of technology and programming - learn more about our Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology.