8 months to complete
July, September, October, January, March and May
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Certificate in Data Science program is comprised of four online courses:
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Inference
- Database Systems
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Data Science you must have:
- 3+ year qualification equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial, Statistics, Engineering, Biostatistics and Econometrics AND;
- A minimum average of 65% as per the UNSW Admissions entry calculator.
- at least 2 years’ experience in a role where quantitative methods are used, “a role that involves using mathematical methods, statistics and programming to organise structured and/or unstructured data” (to be considered for entry on a case-by-case basis).
- Please note: Work experience is only considered for Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate where students do not meet cut off or do not have a relevant degree (a bachelor degree is required for work experience to be considered).