8 months to complete
July, September, October, January, March and May
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Certificate in Data Science program is comprised of four online courses:
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Inference
- Database Systems
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Data Science you must have:
- A bachelor degree (AQF level 7 or equivalent) with at least three level 3 and above courses in mathematics and statistics; OR
- A bachelor degree (AQF level 7 or equivalent) AND at least five years’ experience in a data science or data analytics role.
- The standard entry cut-off is 65% equivalent as per the UNSW Admissions entry calculator.
Entry via nested qualification
If you successfully complete a Graduate Certificate in Data Science with an average mark of 70% or higher, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma in Data Science, and from there, to the masters by coursework degree.
* Please note, students applying for Graduate Certificate programs are not eligible for credit transfer.