Please select a field which you have completed your bachelor.
As little as 2 years
September, October, January, March, May and July
Completion time dependent on individual study path, RPL, leave and course availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
What you will study
UNSW’s 100% online Master of Financial Technology will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency between Finance and Technology, and equip you with the applied technical skills to remain relevant and competitive in today’s dynamic and technology driven landscape.
The program will deliver technical financial technology skills across a range of courses to provide you with the confidence to lead and innovate teams, start-ups and businesses. Graduates will also gain an understanding of relevant financial technologies, frameworks and what it means to be an ethical professional in a disruptive and innovative industry, and establish a competitive career advantage within this lucrative and evolving industry
- All 12 core courses (from List A)
- Or, any 11 core courses (from List A),
plus 1 available elective course (from List B)
- Or, any 10 courses (from List A),
plus 2 available elective courses (from List B)
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech Applications
- Technical Tools for FinTech^
- Problem-solving Methods for FinTech^*
- Data Management for FinTech^*
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^*
- Managing a FinTech Startup#
- Applied FinTech Project#
^Courses requiring programming (Python) knowledge. *Pre-requisite: Technical Tools for FinTech. #Capstone courses. Pre-requisite: Completion of 48 Units of Credit (UOC), which is the equivalent of 8 courses. Masters students must complete either Managing a FinTech Startup or Applied FinTech Project.
Whether upskilling or reskilling, the online Master of Financial Technology will give you the skills to seize opportunities and thrive in the growing FinTech sector.
Download your program guide to find out more about how the Master of Financial Technology can help you achieve your career goals with specialised and industry-relevant skills.
As a graduate of the online Master of Financial Technology from UNSW, you’ll be ready to advance your career and pursue roles such as:
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Big Data Management
- Foundations of Data Science
- Ethics and Professional Standards
- Fixed Income
- Equity Valuation
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- International Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Modelling %
- Analytics and Business
- Introductory Data Analysis
- Managing with Digital Technology
- Financial Management
Available elective courses will vary per program and study period.
% Pre-requisite: Introductory Data Analysis
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
You will also have access to Career Success – a curated, self-paced module that provides a framework for thinking about, and taking action to implement, an effective career plan. Through Career Success, you will have access to tools like Career AI (powered by VMock) and CaseCoach, and guides on crafting the perfect LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Master of Financial Technology you must have:
- A recognised bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) with WAM of 65 or above as determined by the UNSW Admissions entry calculator in any of the following areas: business, commerce, information systems & technology management, information technology, computer engineering and software engineering.
Entry via nested qualification
Generally, if you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology with a WAM of 65 or above, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma and/or Masters by coursework degree.