Please select a field which you have completed your bachelor.
As little as 16 months
January, March, May, July, September and October
Completion time dependent on individual study path, RPL, leave and course availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Diploma in Data Science program is comprised of five core courses, plus the choice of three electives.
Whether you’re upskilling or looking to enhance your career, the online Graduate Diploma in Data Science will give you foundational data science skills essential to decision-making in the modern business world.
Download your program guide to find out more about how the Graduate Diploma in Data Science can help you enhance your career and shape the future through innovation and strategic decision making.
As a graduate of the online Graduate Diploma in Data Science from UNSW, you may progress into roles such as:
The UNSW Online experience
We are here to support you, every step of the way, to graduate from one of the world’s leading universities. Our online learning environment has been designed to seamlessly fit into your already busy schedule and you’ll be able to access course resources on any device, at any time.
Our academics are some of the best in the world and, even though you’re studying online, you can expect your learning experience to be the same high standard as that of our on-campus students.
Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor, who is committed to assisting you from enrolment through to graduation. They are on-hand for all non-academic queries by phone or email.
You will also have access to Career Success – a curated, self-paced module that provides a framework for thinking about, and taking action to implement, an effective career plan. Through Career Success, you will have access to tools like Career AI (powered by VMock) and CaseCoach, and guides on crafting the perfect LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter.
- Foundations of Data Science
- Principles of Programming
- Statistical Inference for Data Scientists
- Regression Analysis for Data Scientists
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
Plus, choose three available elective courses, ensuring pre-requisites are met and courses are available:
- Big Data Management
- Data Visualisation and Communication
- Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists
- Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- Decision Making in Analytics
- Data and Ethics
- Bayesian Inference and Computation
- Database Systems
- Strategic Decision Making
- Principles of Programming is a prerequisite for Data Mining & Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Deep Learning & Big Data Management.
- Foundations of Data Science is a prerequisite for Regression Analysis for Data Scientists, Data Visualisation and Communication & Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists and Decision Making in Analytics.
- Statistical Inference for Data Scientists is a prerequisite for Regression Analysis for Data Scientists & Multivariate Analysis for Data Scientists.
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma in Data Science, you must have either:
- Completed the online Graduate Cerificate in Data Science (7446) with a WAM of 65 or higher OR
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Data Science or cognate discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by an average mark of 70 or above across a minimum of three Level III courses in Mathematics and/or Statistics and/or Computer Science and/or Econometrics.OR
- Completed a degree in a non-cognate discipline AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by at least five years of experience in a data science or data analytics role.
Advanced standing or exemption can be granted in the program for cases where core courses were completed in a prior program.