Please select a field which you have completed your bachelor.
As little as 16 months
March, May, July, September, October, January
Completion time dependent on individual study path, RPL, leave and course availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
What you will study
UNSW’s Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance is designed to ensure you can confidently apply, manage and lead financial functions at all business levels - both in Australia and around the world – and be an asset to any forward-thinking financial organisation.
Tailor your studies to align with your professional ambitions and unlock your career goals. Learn to confidently apply financial practices to overcome market challenges and enhance your professional performance, giving you the competitive edge to thrive in the modern financial world.
Courses at a glance
- Any 6 Core Courses (from List A and B), plus 2 available Elective Courses
- Or, any 7 Core Courses (from List A and B), plus 1 available Elective Courses
- Or, all 8 Core Courses (from List A and B)
- Portfolio Management
- International Finance*
- Corporate Finance*
With the online Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance from UNSW, you will gain specialist knowledge and the ability to apply contemporary financial theories to overcome challenges and enhance performance in your organisation.
Download your program guide to find out more about how the Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance will prepare you for a successful career in domestic and global contexts.
A Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance opens you up to a range of career opportunities. You’ll have the skills to work across a range of settings, including:
- Private Equity and Venture Capital*#
- Equity Valuation*
- Fixed Income*
- Ethics and Professional Standards*
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, you must have:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) with a credit average (65% or higher) as determined by the UNSW Admissions Entry Calculator, OR
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to business, banking or finance.
Entry via nested qualification
If you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance with a credit average (65% or higher), you can progress to the Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance.
- Financial Management*
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Economics*
- Law Regulation and Ethics
- Technical Tools for FinTech
- FinTech Ecosystems and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- Data Management for FinTech^
- Robo Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^
- Principles of Programming
- Introductory Data Analysis*
Available elective courses will vary per program and study period. *Course designed in line with the CFA examination curriculum. The CFA-aligned Master of Applied Finance pathway provides students with a strong grounding to pursue the CFA designation. ^Prerequisite: Technical Tools for Fintech.
"The Applied Finance program is designed for ambitious individuals looking not only for advanced financial knowledge, but also for hands-on and relevant applications of such knowledge. It’s designed for professionals who want to gain the specialised skills for a career in the finance industry. The program is aligned with the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) curriculum, allowing graduates to position themselves well to pursue the CFA designation – a globally respected and recognised investment credential."
- Program Director, Dr Luis Filipe Goncalves-Pinto
Are you interested in studying the full master’s program or learning how technology is disrupting the world of finance? Perhaps the Master of Applied Finance or the Master of Financial Technology is suited for you.